Please let us know as you have questions (ques[email protected]) regarding the process and our status.
The Susquehanna Annual Conference has called a special session on May 17. The sole purpose of the special session is to vote on the churches that have applied for disaffiliation. All of the required information has been submitted and approved, with the Conference Trustees recommending Aldersgate for disaffiliation.
We will be having information meetings to update everyone on recent and upcoming events. This will also be an opportunity to ask questions. All four (4) sessions will cover the same information.
– Saturday, May 20th @10:00 AM in The Gathering Place
– Sunday, May 21st during Sunday School (available to all classes)
– Monday, May 22nd @6:30 PM in The Gathering Place
– Wednesday, May 24th @6:30 PM in The Gathering Place
In preparation for being an independent church and with Pastor Dale retiring, we are looking for a Senior Pastor. With limited advertising and word-of-mouth, we have had 30 applicants/interested potential pastors contact us.
– Applicants are being screened and interviewed as appropriate/qualified.
– The SPRC Search Committee does the initial interview.
– If candidates progress through the process, the entire SPRC interviews and then the Committee Chairs for the leadership committees.
– The next step will be for candidates to visit Aldersgate to meet the staff and to preach during a Sunday worship. Everyone is welcome to share feedback/input. Please contact someone on SPRC or use the [email protected] email account.
– The SPRC will prayerfully consider all of the factors and will proceed with the job offer.
– The earliest date that a new pastor would start is likely July 1st.
Please continue to pray for this process!
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will the disaffiliation be official?
It becomes official when approved at the Annual Conference at meeting on 5/17.
Will our name change?
No, we will continue to be called Aldersgate Church.
What if I want to remain UMC?
Your membership would need to be transferred to a church that will remain with the UMC by May 17th. Please contact the church office to pursue.
Have questions? Please email [email protected].