An Update from Jackson School
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” – James 1:17
Reflecting on this past year and our involvement with Jackson School and the staff and students there, I can see the blessings of the many gifts we have given in our service there over the past 5 years:
- ALL of the many volunteers that have dedicated their time and gifts to help the students at Jackson, not only educationally but also in creating loving relationships;
- Money had been donated to purchase a television, used in the schools’ multi-purpose room, that was given by a dedicated group of women;
- Coats, hats, scarves, mittens, uniforms, underwear and socks donated to help the children stay warm and comfortable during the cold weather and the school day;
- Food and gift cards given to start a food pantry within the school for families during troubling times;
- School supplies donated by Mission Central and various members of Aldersgate Church for the children’s use;
- Fruit and bakery baskets made by the Missions Team and members of the church to give to the staff at Jackson School to show our love and support of their vital role in the lives of the children.
The list can go on and on as we have truly embraced Jackson School here at Aldersgate Church. I am so grateful and thankful to all of you who have supported this mission! God has blessed all of you as you continue to bless those in our community. I pray you will continue to bless this mission with your support and prayers as we find new ways to help live and share God’s love with the children and staff.
If you would like to get involved with this mission, please do not hesitate to contact me, I would LOVE to share the joy we feel as we share Jesus love with others. Also, if you would like to donate anything to the students, it has been brought to my attention that there is a need for girls leggings, Child size 5-Adult M and long sleeve uniform shirts (found at either Target or Walmart, Navy or White) in sizes Child 5-14.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
Submitted by Robin Hoffman
Be sure to check out this article in our full January 2020 newsletter - Click Here!