Aldersgate Church has accepted the challenge to rethink and redesign how we, as a church, worship and connect during this pandemic. As a result, WE ARE NOW MORE ACTIVE ONLINE THAN EVER BEFORE! (We need your help to spread the word.)
The use of technology has equipped us to make the best of our circumstances and stay connected, even if it is virtually. That said, it is up to each of us to either use it, or learn how to use it, in order to gain the fullest benefit from it. If you would like to have someone teach you how to gain access to, or navigate through, the website, Facebook or email links; please contact the church office and we will be glad to secure a volunteer to help you, over the phone. If you are familiar with technology and would be willing to teach someone else over the phone, please either call the church office or email
[email protected] (717-854-4276) to let him know you are willing to help. Recognizing the importance of staying active in our faith, especially during a time when it would be easy to become dormant or go in hibernation mode, we encourage you to…
- Rethink and discuss with your families/friends what “worship” looks like for now.
- Refuse to see these times as an opportunity to take a break from church.
- Rise above the challenges of current circumstances and discipline yourself to remain virtually connected to the body of Christ. Help spread the word we are online.
- Reach out to one another frequently, either virtually or by phone.
The Staff has been working diligently to establish a variety of ways to offer connections to our church family. Listed below are ways you can receive timely updates, encouraging words, weekly and spontaneous times of worship, “Wednesdays in the Word” (a new segment from Pastor Austin), and other messages from your Pastors and Staff members. Each are interconnected with one another.
- Facebook – Aldersgate Church York – Follow us. Many of the posts from the Facebook page will link you directly to our website.
- YouTube – Aldersgate Church York – Subscribe for updates.
Children, Youth, their parents/care-givers, and Young Adults – Brittany and Miranda have been working diligently to bring age appropriate updates, challenges, encouragement, ideas and information to you through the use of technology as well. Check out the information in this issue for details on how to stay connected with the specific age group that pertains to you and/or your family.
Please notify the church if you have any needs or know of someone who does. (717-854-4276)
Submitted by Pastor, Austin White
Be sure to check out this article in our full April 2020 newsletter - Click Here!