The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program
The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program is again offering FREE tax service for York County taxpayers, especially adults 50 and older with low or moderate income, during the 2023 tax season.
Last year in York County, nearly 100 volunteers filed more than 3,800 Federal, PA and local income tax returns at 16 different locations throughout York County.
There is no fee and AARP membership is not required.
Taxpayers should bring their photo ID and proof of their social security or ITIN num-bers for anyone on the tax return, including children or other claimed dependents. Al-so, last year’s tax return is helpful if it’s available.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers can prepare most personal income tax returns, including those with basic self-employment income. They are not trained to do business returns such as corporate, partnership, limited partnership, farm income, or rental income. These types of returns are beyond the scope of the Tax-Aide program.
Beginning mid-January 2023, you can make an appointment by calling these locations or online at https://www.yorkaarptaxaide.com/.
– Aldersgate Church (York) 717-771-9042
– Delta Senior Center 717-456-5753
– Dover Township Library 717-292-6814
– Hanover Church of the Brethren 717-633-6353
– Living Word Community Church (Red Lion) 717-771-9042
– Messiah United Methodist Church (York) 717-771-9042
– Red Land Senior Center (Lewisberry) 717-938-4649
– St Matthew Lutheran Church (York) 717-771-9042
– Shrewsbury Grace United Methodist Church 717-993-3488
– Susquehanna Senior Center (Craley) 717-640-5006
– Trinity Lutheran Church (Wrightsville) 717-640-5006
– Union Fire Company (Manchester) 717-771-9042
– Windy Hill on the Campus (Spring Grove) 717-640-5006
– York Alliance Church 717-771-9042