We’ve Made It
Our work with the Growing Effective Churches (GEC) Program is complete! Well done and thank you!
The GEC Program was designed to help strengthen our foundation, enhance our ability to make new disciples for Jesus Christ and to start a new life cycle at our church. This work involved eight (8) teams and over 100 people. Here’s a quick summary of the teams and the work that was accomplished.
- Vision Team – started the process with a sermon series on our vision to Know, Live and Share Jesus.
- Connection Team – helped us develop new methods of connecting with guests that attend worship services.
- Hospitality Team – tremendous improvements in hospitality and how we welcome people to worship and many other church events. This team has also been welcoming people to community events that are being held at Aldersgate!
- Worship Evaluation Team – visited 16 churches and over 40 worship services! Helped us understand “what good looks like” and what is working at other churches. They also created a framework for our future success.
- Staff (position) Evaluation Team – provided an optimal staffing model that outlined the full time and part time positions needed to fulfill our vision and accelerate our growth.
- Worship Design Team – this team led us through the Advent and Lenten Seasons with significant changes and improvements in our worship. They’ve also facilitated the audio/visual upgrades in the Fellowship Hall. This team is transitioning to an advisory council that will continue to provide input on our worship experience.
- Intentional Faith Development Team – they developed paths that will lead to consistent and strong faith development. The initial offering of Christianity Explored was a success with 15 participants and a life given to Christ!
- Bridging Team – this team produced a successful summer event that showed over 400 people from our community the love of Christ and hospitality of Aldersgate.
Additional outcomes of the GEC Process were major investments in the Children’s Area and the Fellowship Hall. The renovations to the Children’s Area have created an amazing space for our children and the lighting and sound improvements to Fellowship Hall have dramatically enhanced the worship experience. A Branding Team was also created, with excellent work being done in this area.
We appreciate all of the great work that everyone has done to complete this important process. We are now ready to move forward with greater reach and effectiveness on our mission to make more disciples. The church leadership team is working to develop and share a vision-driven strategy to guide us forward. All glory to God!